What kind of dog am I?
This is my dog Truffles, I’ve only had her for about two months. She was abandoned outside of my local Humane Society with two paralyzed back legs. The veterinarians there thought she had probably slipped a disc in her spine. As a shelter dog, surgery was not an option for her, as it is one of the most expensive veterinary surgeries out there (I should know — my dachshund has had TWO disc surgeries). The only choice was to euthanize her. However, after much cajoling, I was allowed to take on the task of rehabilitating her, with the understanding that, if she wasn’t improving with just pain management and crate rest, I’d have to shell out the $5,000 for back surgery. I’m happy to say that she now walks great, is pain-free, and did not require any surgical intervention. She’s a happy and sweet little girl who loves her life and has no idea how close to death she really was.
My question for YOU is — any guesses on this little girl’s breed mix? She was originally assessed as a dachshund mix, but aside from the back problems, there’s really nothing dachshund about her. Her body is fairly long and her legs are short, which makes me think she’s got some corgi in her. Other than that, she was a thick, coarse, bushy, brindled coat, a scimitar tail, and button ears which bounce upwards a lot. She stands approximately 11” at the shoulders. Not sure if it’s a clue or not, but she also has a major underbite going on, and has black spots on her tongue. To me she looks remarkably like a Kai Ken, but given that breed’s rarity it’s probably unlikely. I’m thinking some kind of spitz, or maybe shepherd? I am so stumped I’m actually planning to shell out $80 to get her DNA tested!
What do YOU think she is?
19 Notes/ Hide
- claire-stclair reblogged this from fancybidet and added:
- eveamedeus reblogged this from fancybidet
- ravensmuse answered: Aside from the coloring she looks a LOT like my Norfolk Terrier.
- pinkyandthebro likes this
- unfriendlybambi answered: Terrier mix?
- ichangeditmom reblogged this from hereiswhereiloveyou
- abrasive likes this
- sassy----pastry answered: I think the long body/short legs is way more corgi than dachie.
- thebaldfromfrance likes this
- wolflocked likes this
- auberginedreamer likes this
- hereiswhereiloveyou reblogged this from fancybidet
- mizznasty likes this
- h-feather answered: staffy/corgi?
- rudydontstop likes this
- cupcakes-and-lithium likes this
- fancybidet reblogged this from cactus-punk and added:
- zoologyrush likes this
- cactus-punk reblogged this from armchair-zoologist
- armchair-zoologist posted this